Baked Egg-Less Cauliflower Tots
As the name suggests these are baked cauliflower bites which are egg-free. A really simple, easy snack which can double up as part of an appetizer platter or even kids-friendly after school snack. They won’t even realize they are eating cauliflower!
Everything goes into a bowl, then onto your baking tray shaped into tots. 20-25 minutes from then on, your snack is ready to go.
While the original recipe, which was truly inspiring, called for cheese in the recipe along with eggs, this egg-less version has neither.
cauliflower steamed for 3-5 min in boiling water and minced for few seconds in a food processor or chopped – 2 cups
onion – finely chopped 1/2 cup (roughly half a small onion)
green bell pepper – chopped fine 1/4 cup
red bell pepper – chopped fine – 1/4 cup
paneer – shredded 1/2 cup (Indian cottage cheese)
bread crumbs – 1/4 cup
cooked and mashed or grated potato – 1/4 cup
green chili – 1 thick one, chopped fine
fresh coriander – chopped fine 2 tbsp
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil – to grease the tray and to drizzle over each tot
- cauliflower steamed for 3-5 min in boiling water and minced for few seconds in a food processor or chopped - 2 cups
- onion - finely chopped ½ cup (roughly half a small onion)
- green bell pepper - chopped fine ¼ cup
- red bell pepper - chopped fine - ¼ cup
- paneer - shredded ½ cup (Indian cottage cheese)
- bread crumbs - ¼ cup
- cooked and mashed or grated potato - ¼ cup
- green chili - 1 thick one, chopped fine
- fresh coriander - chopped fine 2 tbsp
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil - for greasing the tray and to drizzle over
- steam cauliflower florets in hot water for 3-5 minutes.
- drain, chop them fine using a food processor for few seconds or knife.
- in a bowl add chopped fine cauliflower, finely chopped onion, finely chopped bell peppers, finely chopped coriander, green chili, cooked mashed/grated potato. add salt and pepper to taste. mix well.
- pre-heat the oven to 190 deg C.
- prepare small cylindrical shaped tots.
- place them on a lined, greased baking tray some distance apart. drizzle over some olive oil or use a brush to paint oil over each tot (optional).
- bake for 20-25 minutes. ovens vary. hence keep and eye on them after 18 min.
- serve with ketchup.
keep an eye on the bake.
you can bake them directly placed on the baking tray without the parchment paper. Do turn them over once mid-way.
once done, allow them to cool slightly before you attempt to take them out. use a flat plastic ladle to gently dislodge each piece from the baking sheet.
This recipe was published on UK Asian.
SIGN UP for more yummy bites in the offing!