Korean Stew With Tofu
This Korean Stew With Tofu recipe is wholesome, healthy and quick to make. It has the protein rich tofu along with vegetables such as zucchini, spring onion.
The flavorings are similar to the Indo-Chinese cuisine we are all much used to and love. The ingredients are easy to find. This will make a lovely weeknight dinner addition.
The Korean Stew With Tofu made for an enjoyable meal, the day I cooked it. Spicy and delicious too. I am for sure making it again.
Serve this dish with steaming hot rice and enjoy.
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons dry chili flakes
- ¼ of a small onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 235 milliliters of water or vegetable stock
- 250 grams of tofu chopped into medium to large sized cubes
- ½ a small courgette finely chopped
- 25 leaves of spinach chopped into fine strips
- 1 thinly sliced green or red chili pepper
- 1 finely sliced spring onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a deep pan, heat the oil.
- Add finely chopped onion, crushed garlic, dry red chili flakes and soy sauce.
- Stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add water or vegetable stock and bring it to a boil.
- Add cubed tofu, chopped courgette. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring it to a boil again, simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- At the very end add spinach, along with sliced chili peppers and spring onion.
- Turn off the heat. Serve hot with steaming hot rice.
recipe adapted from Koreanbapsang.com