Plum Avocado No Bake Tart With Creative Nature Cacao Nibs
I fell in love with the plum, avocado and the cacao nibs combo. I had to make it again but this time as a no-bake tart, which in certain ways follows on from the vegan, gluten-free raw persimmon tart and strawberry coconut no-bake tart I made a few months prior.
For more information regarding these nutritious very healthy cacao nibs please read my post – Plum Avocado Popsicle With Creative Nature Cacao Nibs.
The fudgy, fruity, tangy-sweet tart topped with more fruitiness with embedded cacao crunch can be prepared in no time with minimal effort, needing very few ingredients.
And ah! it can however be an acquired taste when it comes to the cacao nibs. Considering the lack of added fat and sugar (which a regular chocolate chip would contain) this is definitely a healthier bargain.
avocado – 1 small (ripe and ready)
plums – 6 (ripe and ready)
creative nature cacao nibs – 2 tbsp
maple syrup – 1 tbsp
water – 1/4 cup
dates – 1 & 1/2 cups (Medjool dates for more sweetness)
walnuts -1 & 1/2 cups
mango – a few slices for garnish
watermelon pieces – a few for garnish
cacao nibs – a few for garnish
- avocado - 1 small (ripe and ready)
- plums - 6 (ripe and ready)
- creative nature cacao nibs - 2 tbsp
- maple syrup - 1 tbsp
- water - ¼ cup
- dates - 1 & ½ cups (Medjool dates for more sweetness)
- walnuts - 1 &1/2 cups
- mango - a few slices for garnish
- watermelon pieces - a few for garnish
- cacao nibs - a few for garnish
- add the dates, walnuts with a pinch of salt to a blender and blend until well blended but need not be fully smooth.
- divide this mixture between the tart cases, spread it out using a spoon dipped in warm water to form the base.
- refrigerate this for at least 30 minutes.
- then prepare the filling by blending the avocado flesh with roughly chopped plums to form a smooth mixture adding maple syrup and water.
- to this mixture add cacao nibs and mix.
- divide the mix between the tart cases as filling.
- garnish with thin mango and watermelon slices with a few raw cacao nibs.
- refrigerate for 2-4 hrs or freeze for an hour and serve.