Plum Avocado Popsicle With Creative Nature Cacao Nibs
A welcoming phrase caught my eye as I glanced at the brightly printed yet woody and warming packaging and THAT was exactly what I was looking for.
” Raw Organic Cacao Nibs and That’s all!”
My perspective towards cooking over the recent few months, and eating consequently, has undergone a gradual yet definitive transformation. The more I learn about nutrient qualities of ingredients from around the globe, the more I’m becoming comfortable using the many unknowns.
You could say Raw Cacao is one of those. Being organic, gluten, dairy, soy free and a healthy alternative to chocolate, these nibs lend themselves to so many of us, be it some allergy-prone among us or simply a chocolate lover struggling to stay clear!
Hot, sunny, sweaty days that we are (fortunately) experiencing now calls for a cooling respite. An icy juicy treat would do very well indeed. I figured the nutty mild bitterness the cacao nibs offer along with the crunch, would balance the flavors and textures I was considering towards my forthcoming recipe.
These Plum Avocado Popsicles With Creative Nature Cacao Nibs are a delight to savor. The juicy sweet tang from the plums with the creaminess offered by the avocado with the cacao nibs crunch will satisfy your cravings in a naturally healthy manner.
Also included in the ‘package’ thanks to the cacao nibs, are the anti-oxidants which absorb the destructive free radicals in our body, magnesium needed for more than 300 biochemical reactions in our body; along with fiber- 1 ounce of nibs having nine grams; iron – an ounce having six percent of your daily recommended need.
However stay clear of having too much of a good thing. Read here for more info.
And ah! it can however be an acquired taste when it comes to the cacao nibs. Considering the lack of added fat and sugar (which a regular chocolate chip would contain) this is definitely a healthier bargain.
Get the avocado sitting in your fridge, the juicy ripe plums from your larder add a cacao crunch and ENJOY!
avocado – 1 small (ripe and ready)
plums – 6 (ripe and ready)
creative nature raw cacao nibs – 1 & 1/2 to 2 tbsp (you can use them as is or break them down to smaller bits using a pestle and mortar)
maple syrup – 1 tbsp (honey can be used instead if preferred)
water – 1/4 cup
- avocado - 1 small (ripe and ready)
- plums - 6 (ripe and ready)
- creative nature raw cacao nibs - 1 & ½ to 2 tbsp (you can use them as is or break them down to smaller bits using a pestle and mortar)
- maple syrup - 1 tbsp
- water - ¼ cup
- wash the plums very well under running water and chop roughly.
- cut the avocado in half and scoop out the flesh.
- in a blender/grinder blend together the avocado and the plums first to form a uniform mixture.
- then add the water, maple syrup and blend again to form a very smooth mixture.
- transfer the mixture to a bowl and add raw cacao nibs and mix.
- transfer this mixture into popsicle cases leaving a1/4 of an inch from the top.
- cover with the lids and freezer for 6-8 hrs or overnight.
- just before serving hold the closed popsicle cases under running tap water for 30 seconds.
- carefully dislodge the popsicles and serve.
taste the mixture once prepared to check sweetness. add more if needed. do note that it tends to taste less sweet once chilled.
leave a ¼ of an inch space from the top unfilled to allow the mixture to expand while freezing (which it does)
clean the tops to avoid the lid becoming stuck at the sides making it difficult to dislodge.
hold the cases under running tap water for 30 seconds to dislodge the frozen popsicles.
Stay in touch for more