Quick Veggie Wraps are a quick, simple preparation for your lunch box for those rushed mornings; as also great for kids lunch boxes!
You can use your own choice of vegetables, spread. Use this recipe as a start! You can make it your own.
I am going to be using the Mint(Pudina) Chutney from my earlier recipe for this preparation.
Whole wheat wraps – 2 (I am using the rectangular wraps)
Margarine spread – 1 Tbsp ( or as per taste; butter can also be used)
Mint (Pudina) Chutney – 1 tbsp (as little as much as you like)
Chopped (or julienne) Vegetables – green, yellow and red peppers, carrot, sweet corn – 1-2 tbsp each in a bowl, add small amount of salt just to taste, chickpeas – 2tbsp, red onion – 1 tbsp (optional)
Low fat cheese slices – 2 (or grated cheese for eg.cheddar)
Its very simple really.
- Warm up the wraps in the microwave just gently(optional), this just makes it easier to roll.
- Spread an even layer of margarine first, this will help in sealing the wrap especially so at the edge;
- spread the chutney evenly(as much or as little as you wish).
- place the mixture of julienne vegetables with sweetcorn in a single file along one edge.
- Cut the cheese slice into halves. Place the cut slices over the vegetables.
- fold it over carefully and roll as tightly as you can (take care not to tear!).
- Cut in the middle forming 2 halves of the rolled wraps.