Sour curd fritters:
A melt in the mouth tea time snack. My husband’s favourite. If you end up with extra sour curd this is the recipe to go for!
Sour Curd – 1/2 cup
Plain Flour/Maida – 1 cup
Red Onion – 1 finely chopped
Green Chili – 1-2 finely chopped
Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
- Sour Curd - ½ cup
- Plain Flour/Maida - 1 cup
- Red Onion - 1 finely chopped
- Green Chili - 1-2 finely chopped
- Baking Soda - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mix the red onion into the flour. Add salt, green chili, baking soda and mix.
- Add the sour curd and make a TIGHT batter.
- Allow it to sit for ½ hr. After half hour, add 1 tbsp of water if it still is too stiff.
- While the oil is heating, beat the batter with a spoon to make it more fluffy. Drop in small quantities of the sticky batter into the oil using your hand. it fluffs up beautifully once it hits the oil.
- Deep fry in moderately hot oil until golden brown. Remove onto paper towel.
- Serve with green coriander chutney or ketchup or just as is.
sour curd fritters