This delicious refreshing drink/smoothie makes for a great mid-morning drink or even as a breakfast addition or after school snack for the kids.
This drink will form a part of my submission towards our on-coming ‘Culinary Hoppers’, blog-hop, the theme of which is Beverages this time round.
The predominant flavor would be the tang from the strawberries and the yogurt. Please feel free to adjust the sweetness as per taste. Freezing the banana overnight prior to the making of the drink results in a chill factor to the drink, which adds an invigorating touch. Whenever I end up with over ripe bananas I freeze them and use the next day for smoothies etc.
I served this as a mid-morning snack for my kids, as the summer break has begun here and they were at home.
- 1 frozen banana slightly thawed at room temperature and roughly chopped
- 1 cup of roughly chopped strawberries
- 3 tablespoons of natural yogurt or Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of maple syrup or sugar (adjust to taste)
- water if needed to adjust the consistency
- The process is quite simple.
- Peel the banana, place in a freezer proof bag and freeze overnight or for 3-4 hours. The next day allow it to sit for a few minutes at room temperature, then chop roughly.
- Using a food processor or a mixer/grinder, blitz the roughly chopped strawberries, roughly chopped banana first to form a puree.
- Then add yogurt, maple syrup or sugar to taste, blend again to forma smooth mixture.
- Add small amounts of water if needed to adjust the consistency.
- The drink/smoothie is ready!