Did you know, coconut water is low in calories, low in fat and cholesterol, has more potassium than bananas, and is super hydrating. Read more.. This surely can’t be ignored. With this super hydrating addition, I considered adding a couple of other dimensions to add a zing to the drink.
Serve this on a hot summer’s day for your family or friends and enjoy the invigoration whilst absorbing all the minerals, anti-oxidants the ingredients bring in.
This is my second contribution towards our team ‘Culinary Hoppers” Blog Hop. The other one being Strawberry Banana Yogurt Drink.
- 12 roughly chopped strawberries
- 2 cups of coconut water
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice (adjust to taste)
- 2 slices of lime
- 1 kiwi, peeled and roughly chopped for the drink
- 2 kiwis peeled and sliced for addition to the drink and for the garnish
- ice cubes as needed
- In a blender or mixer/grinder jar, blend together the strawberries, kiwi, lime juice first to form a puree.
- Then add coconut water and blend again to form a uniform mixture. Strain the mixture to remove the seeds.
- Add slices of lime and kiwi into the jug/container with the drink.
- Serve with added ice cubes.