Baked Zucchini Chips
Vegetables have a gentle sweetness about them which intrigues me no end. My Addictive Veggie Crisps are a testament to that. The day the realization set in (which was a while ago now!), I was amazed as to the subconscious manner in which we associate flavors such as sweetness with fruits and ‘savory-ness’ with vegetables.
Zucchini (Courgette), is one vegetable I see plenty of in the markets, at the same time find it tricky associating traditional dishes with the same. I did manage to make Zucchini Chutney, Zucchini Stir Fry, Zucchini Sambar/Stew. Aha that’s a lot to name a ‘few’!
I mulled over attempting Baked Zucchini Chips for a while. Made them today and were gone in a jiffy. Just three ingredients and minimal efforts later, I was rewarded with these amazingly delicious crisps.
Recipe Source: Table For Two
zucchini (courgette) -) – 1 large sliced into thin slices
olive oil – 2 tsp
salt to taste
- zucchini (courgette) -) - 1 large sliced into thin slices
- olive oil - 2 tsp
- salt to taste
- slice the zucchini into thin slices.
- place the slices on an absorbent paper towel, dab them well using another paper towel.
- brush olive oil over the slices placed over a lined baking tray.
- sprinkle a touch of salt. do not add too much. the slices being thin can easily become over salty.
- bake in a pre-heated oven for 2 hours at 110 deg C.
- keep an eye on them towards the end, do not allow them to burn.
- allow them to cool, enjoy!
the more even the slices, the better will be the result.